Friday, April 06, 2012

So I Made Quesadilla…With a Desi Touch

Little bit of your own adaptation to “foreign” recipes goes a long way. Here is what I did to a Mexican staple. I added my recipe of mince meat and did what everybody else does, serve the Quesadilla with some sour cream, guacamole and fresh salsa.

I cooked the filling for the Quesadilla with some chopped onions, cumin seeds, black pepper powder and ginger-garlic-green chilli paste.

001

002

006

The filling between the tortillas was this cooked mince meat, some sliced green bell pepper, green onions, and fresh coriander. And of course, the grated cheddar.

023

025

028

029

I used a heavy kettle to keep on top of the Quesadilla to get the cheese sticking perfectly between the tortillas. And I did not use any oil either. The mince meat had enough fat/oil to start oozing out into the pan and coat and toast the tortillas.

032

030

That’s my maiden attempt at making a Quesadilla. And I must admit that I have this deep and undying urge to break into a salsa because it was so good.

031

033

This Friday so far is turning out to be good and healthy! Its another story that the two and a half of us are taking a break from some Spring cleaning – while the baby and the husband nap, I do a quick blog post.

036

039

038

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

yummy yummy! love the desi quesadilla... and the salsa looks so yummy in there too!

Priya Suresh said...

Lovely desi quesadillas, makes me hungry..

Sharmila said...

Love love what you did to the quesadilla ... I've always hated them as they come doused with tomato ketchup and cheese here. Ektu peyaj ar lonka kuchi ar lebu diye eta toh ekkebare AHA! :-)