Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Warli Artist Within

Okay, so I can do Warli too. My first time on this  24 centimeter galvanized steel plant pot from Ikea.

 0107650_PE257429_S4 IMG_2747And this is how it looks now!

I hand-painted Warli motifs with Chrome Black (acrylic color) on this planter. 

IMG_2741
Here are some more details.
IMG_2734 IMG_2739IMG_2745 IMG_2740

IMG_2742 My Peace Lily looks happy to get this painted pot.
IMG_2741I am not sure if black looks good on silver, maybe I should have used red. Another day, hopefully.

15 comments:

Satrupa said...

Wooow it's awesome !! Luv it !!

Soma said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL. No black is good, and it will look good anywhere. The red might have looked by itself, but with the green and the surrounding it is just perfect! I have plan for my next IKEA trip.

You know I use the Halloween Cauldrons to keep my plant pots :-)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks awesome! I think I like the black too... very elegant...

Scribbler :) said...

OMG! This looks so good. What a facelift! love it.

Anonymous said...

Killer work ...now its ur turn to take a bow grl !
How much will Fedex charge me if I sent some of my dull looking pottery to you ...u have any idea?

ishmi said...

wow! how pretty!

sangeeta said...

Beautiful...i am reminded of my younger days...:)

Unknown said...

awesome DIY idea :) Love it!

Srabana Lahiri said...

Simply beautiful... Pree, tera jawab nahin!

Unknown said...

a great revamp project...looks really pretty Pree:)

Santosh Bangar said...

amazing silverandblack colourcombination is very beautiful i saw once on my blog do visit again

sulagna said...

wow..where do you get the tiem and the energy to get so creative..excellent work !

My Unfinished Life said...

am liking the black on silver....nice job!!!!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

ki sundor Pree. ami recently akta paper mache pot baniechi setateo warli paint korechi. ektu samle uthe chhobi post korbo. tabe steel e ebhabe rang kara jay jantam na.

aipi said...

That is absolutely marvelous ..seriously..could sell for a lot of money!

US Masala