Monday, August 16, 2010

Cilantro Sproutlings

If you believe in the saying, we reap what we sow, you will like what I have done here.

I took a handful of cilantro/coriander/dhania seeds and sprinkled them in this little clay pot. I covered it loosely with soil and watered it everyday for a week.

I also made sure it got a sunny spot all through the day.

See, what I saw today!

IMG_0264IMG_0262

Little Cilantro/Coriander sproutlings raising their heads up to reach for the Sun.

IMG_0267 IMG_0271

But the mighty Sun knows they are little babies still, so he looked at them and scattered some sunshine from above…

IMG_0268 IMG_0265

I can’t wait for them to grow into a full pot of herb. More later.

8 comments:

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

cooking with homegrown veggies and herbs is no doubt a great experience. try the same with methi seeds. they grows in no time and are very forgiving.

GB said...

They look delish...poor babies, do they know they're going to be eaten!!!!
No seriously, how adorable...and I like your "siamese-twins" planter too!!

PreeOccupied said...

@Sayantani, will try the methi growing. I might just become a farmer soon. ;-)

@GB, I hope not. Who knows, they might just pout at me and I will melt.

Sudha said...

cool planter(s)

Kamini said...

Nothing like fresh home grown cilantro.....I throw it in everything, i mean really everything! I just love the flavor it adds! Yes, try methi too. Happy Gardening!

Shivani Negi said...

Lovely post..I have also tried it and looks amazing growing each day..real fast..All the Best!

Gouri Guha said...

It must be a great feeling to see the tiny herbs growing in your home. And when veggies are from one's own garden it feels good in taste and treat too.
Fresh Dhone pata gives out its own taste and flavour...
and watching them grow everday is...

Sankalp Sharma said...

how is this dhania?